American drivers carry a lot of stuff in their cars, from dirty soccer balls, to fragile flowers, to heavy-duty strollers. We need a cargo space that is versatile and can handle everything we throw at it. The all-new 2018 Ford EcoSport comes with a unique cargo feature that was inspired by honeybees.
2018 Ford EcoSport
The EcoSport Adjustable Cargo Shelf uses a honeycomb design to create a thin, lightweight shelf that can support nearly 700 pounds, despite weighing only six pounds itself. Additionally, the honeycomb inner structure is made using 100% recycled paper. This means eco-conscience drivers can still keep their impact small even while getting a great vehicle.
“The hexagonal design of honeycomb is a testament to nature’s ingenuity,” says Mike Mazzella, Ford EcoSport assistant chief engineer. “Not only is it strong, it’s superlight. Customers can slide the shelf into multiple different slots like an oven rack; even store it on the back of the seats. It helps make EcoSport super-flexible in everyday use.”
Watch this short video to see the shelf in action:
The shelf can be used in four positions:
- The lowest position provides maximum storage capacity.
- The middle position lets drivers hide away items they don’t want to be seen.
- The high position lines up the shelf with the fold-flat second-row seats.
- The shelf can be removed and stored vertically behind the second-row seats.
Here at Nick Nicholas Ford Lincoln, we can’t wait to see what else the 2018 Ford EcoSport has to offer.
As the spring weather moves in, it is a great time to head outdoors before the temperatures get too hot. Here are some fun events near Crystal River you should consider attending this month.
- March 4-5 – Floral City Strawberry Festival: This is the 30th year for this fantastic festival and it is held three miles south of downtown Floral City. Admission costs $4 for adults and children ages 12 and under are free.
- March 11-12 – Fort Cooper Days: Come experience what life was like in the 1800s during the annual Fort Cooper Days at Fort Cooper State Park. The event includes live demonstrations and reenactments.
- March 17 – Patrick’s Day: Right here in Crystal River, enjoy all things Irish with a dog parade, live music, Irish food and drink, and so much more.
St. Patrick’s Day
- March 18 – Shrimp-A-Palooza: This annual event is hosted by The Rotary Club of Homosassa Charitable Foundation. Watch the parade, listen to live music, eat as much food as you like, and enjoy fun for all ages.
- March 25 – Clean Air Bike Ride: Take a ride down the Withlacoochee State Trail in Inverness and enjoy a continental breakfast before you start.
Here at Nick Nicholas Ford Lincoln, we’re excited to get out in the wonderful community we serve!
This year, Ford took home a trio of awards from the 2015 Texas Truck Rodeo. These included the F-Series being named Truck Line of Texas, the 2016 Ford Explorer as SUV of Texas, and the Pro Trailer Backup Assist available on the 2016 Ford F-150 as the Best Technology.
The Texas Truck Rodeo is hosted by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA). This year, nearly 70 TAWA journalists came together to put a wide range of trucks and SUVs to the test at Knibbe Ranch near San Antonio.
With the F-Series trucks earning the Truck Line of Texas award, it emphasizes the fact that these trucks are not only the best-selling trucks in Texas, but have been the top-selling truck across the country for 38 years in a row. And, the current F-Series lineup is the toughest, smartest, and most capable truck lineup every produced by Ford.
Possibly even more impressive is the SUV of Texas award snagged by the 2016 Explorer. This is a great achievement, since the Explorer knocked out a competitor that had previously won this award five years in a row. The Explorer stands out with its fantastic technology, powerful and engaging 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, and much more.
And, with Pro Trailer Backup Assist, even novice truck drivers will be able back up a trailer simply by turning a knob—it couldn’t be easier than that. This technology will be available on the upcoming 2016 Ford F-150.
Come check out these award-winning vehicles today at Nick Nicholas Ford Lincoln!
Since the beginning, that new car smell has been a part of the car buying experience. Most Americans love it but Chinese buyers aren’t all that fond of the smell. That isn’t the only cultural difference though, and Lincoln is working hard to ensure customer satisfaction in China.
Chinese buyers aren’t fond of the smell that’s caused by glue, leather, plastic, and other chemicals used in the building process. Thankfully removing the smell is a simple one step process. Before the vehicle is shipped, a small canister of carbon sheets is placed in the Lincoln’s cabin. By the time the luxury car reaches any of the nine Chinese dealers, the smell is gone.
2015 Lincoln MKC interior
After entering the luxury market in China a little late, Lincoln is seeing better-than-expected sales. Plans are going forward to have a total of 60 dealerships by 2017. It’s all a learning process and Lincoln is building loyalty one step at a time. After learning there’s a massive distrust of dealer repairs in China, Lincoln set up a livestream for customers to watch their vehicle being worked on.
“We’re getting input from all our Chinese customers and making sure all their needs are met,” said Kumar Galhotra, Lincoln president. “All of those little things have really resonated with the Chinese customers very, very well.” One step at a time is all it takes.
What do you think? Do you LOVE that new car smell? Comment below and tell us!